Skin serums have quickly become an essential component of every good skincare regimen. These lightweight moisturizers are designed to penetrate deeper to deliver a variety of active ingredients to your skin. Using an anti-aging serum regularly can also give your skin a smoother, firmer texture, increase moisture levels, make pores appear less visible, and provide an overall more youthful look. As not all serums offer the same active ingredients and level of quality, it is important to choose your skincare products carefully and select a serum that contains key ingredients known to deliver results.
What are Serums, and How Do They Work?
Implementing an anti-aging serum into your skincare routine can be slightly intimidating. These products often come with a hefty price tag and claim to offer numerous skincare advantages. However, most people are not too familiar with serums and how they work to benefit the skin. First, it’s important to understand that while serums are designed to work like moisturizers, they have some distinct differences such as:
- Serums commonly have liquidy texture.
- They do not often contain the ‘heavier’ ingredients found in traditional moisturizers and lotions.
- They also contain a much higher concentration of active ingredients.
Using a serum on a regular basis has been found to give the skin a smoother, firmer texture by minimizing the size of pores and increasing moisture levels. When comparing anti-aging skin serums, you want to be on the lookout for certain ingredients that have been proven to help turn back the hands of time on aging skin.
Antioxidants: Vitamin C and other powerful antioxidants help protect the skin from sun damage and fight skin-damaging free radicals which have been known to contribute to premature fine lines and wrinkles.
Plant Stem Cells: Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture (Apple Stem Cells), Jasminoides Meristem Cell Culture (Gardenia Stem Cells), and similar types of plant-derived stem cells have been found to block the breakdown of collagen and improve skin’s density, firmness, and texture.
Hydrators: A good anti-aging serum contains hydrating ingredients, such as amino acids and essential vitamins. These ingredients help to strengthen the skin’s barrier and protect against dryness by retaining moisture and replenishing lost skin lipids.
A Closer Look at Anti-Aging Facial Serums Men and women concerned about the effects of aging on their skin may want to consider the following anti-aging skin serum, such as:
1. Fibroblast Growth Factor Serum Suitable for sensitive, oily, mature, and normal skin, the Fibroblast Growth Factor Serum from Dr Sylvia Skin Care line is specially formulated to reduce eye wrinkles and boost skin texture, density, and firmness. The innovative serum targets age-degradation while also reactivating dermal and collagen activity. Fibroblast Growth Factor Serum contains Gotu Kola, Swiss Apple, and Centella Stem Cells and has been found to be more effective than Vitamin C in clinical trials.
2. Vitamin C 20% with Ferulic Acid Dr. Sylvia’s Vitamin C 20% with Ferulic Acid formula is rich in antioxidants which are known to contribute to a more youthful appearance. The active antioxidants work together at a deeper level to fight free radicals and combat oxidative stress. It also offers hydrating and skin lightening benefits.
Learn More About Anti-Aging Facial Serums Whether you are already a fan of anti-aging serums or are looking to try one for the very first time, you will find that these serums are worth your investment. Your skin will also thank you for using it. Contact the Cutis Laser Clinics in Singapore today to get to try or learn more about the benefits of anti-aging serums. Tags: Anti-Aging Serum, Vitamin C 20% with Ferulic Acid